Wednesday, June 6, 2018

R6: D6 Seeing Progress

Current Weight: 256.4 lbs
Weight on June 1, 2018 - 256.3 lbs

December 31, 2017:

May 31, 2018:


I am starting to see progress. I see myself everyday, so its harder for me to actually see it. But its there. Progress I mean. I still have a long way to go, and currently I am fighting my way to 249.9 lbs. FIGHTING.

There have been nights where I have had absolutely no want to cook and had grapes for dinner.


There have also been nights, like last night, when I forced myself to make dinner even though my legs were going to fall off!

Potato Soup  AKA: Crack

There are days of complete mental clarity and others where I have to really struggle fight to see things clearly and think things through.


My menu/meal prep days are becoming easier. Saturdays are menu prep days and grocery shopping. Sundays are actual meal prep days. At this point I have a pretty good staple of breakfasts that I make for the coming week.

Pork Sausage - Recipe  ( I cook mine in the air fryer. Super easy!) This recipe makes between 25 and 30 sausage balls depending on the size you roll them into.

Veggie, Egg and Sausage Bake - Recipe  (I have started subbing the chicken sausage for 1 lb of the pork sausage above. Instead of rolling it into balls, I cook it in my wok and set it aside to add back into the veggies before going into the oven.)

Ground Beef and Sweet Potatoes - I use an electric skillet for this. Super easy. Slice the Sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds and season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 - 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in skillet. (I cook 3 taters for the week. Use less if making less taters!) Place in skillet at 350 degrees. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Flip taters, cover and cook another 5 minutes. Remove to paper towel and let cool before putting in a container for the week. For the Ground Beef I leave the used coconut oil, if there is any left, in the skillet and turn the heat to 250 degrees. I put in the beef, break it up and season with salt, pepper and Wahoo Chili from Tastefully Simple. Sometimes I add in chopped onion and bell peppers. Put the cover on and let it cook until done. Come back and break up the meat and stir every so often. I cook about 4 lbs of ground beef for the weeks breakfast.

My stomach still really messes with me when I eat certain things, so I am having to avoid pineapple and sweet potatoes. Which sucks because they are both so good! My breakfast during the week is 5 sausage balls and 2 hard boiled eggs. It fills me up and is super tasty.

Normally by the time I am finished with meal prep on Sundays I have to then start dinner. Its a long day in the kitchen and I am normally doing other things while cooking. Laundry, dishes, Pig laundry, vacuuming, taking out trash, etc.. So by the time Sunday evening rolls around, I'm done.

This weekend is going to throw me for a bit of a loop. We are surprising the girls with a trip to Busch Gardens and Great Wolf Lodge (Thank God for Groupon!). I wont get to do any shopping or meal/menu prep this weekend and at first I was kind of freaking out about it. I sat down Monday night and went over my weekly planned meals. Luckily, I planned dinners through Sunday with extra crock pot meals and since I wont need a Sat/Sun dinner, I can move those two dinners to Tuesdays lunch and dinner. I will just have to go shopping Tuesday evening after work.

Speaking of shopping...I decided that Chi and I needed new shorts for our upcoming trip. Chi needs new shorts in general. Everything from last year has a booty short look to them now. Darn long legged kid. I don't own any jean shorts. Correction...I DIDN'T own any jean shorts...before Monday night. It has been YEARS since I was able to fit into jean shorts and be comfortable. Also, I swore I wouldn't buy anything over a size 20 at one point and from there I just went to wearing yoga pants. You know, cause ignoring the problem made it completely go away.

So when we went to Target Monday night after gymnastics, I was not excited. I just knew that I was going to have to buy at least a size 20 if not 22 to fit me and it made my heart hurt. As I was looking through the rack and picking out a few pairs of 22's to try on, I picked up a few 20's just in case the 22's were too big. And then I saw the 18's. I almost didn't take any into the fitting room with me. I almost left them there. I'm glad I didn't!


Both of those pairs of jean shorts are 18's. Both of those pairs of jean shorts came home with me Monday night. I will wear them this weekend and not sweat my tail off in black yoga pants at the park.

You know what else? The blue bathing suit that I was wearing for water aerobics - its too big. The pink bathing suit I only wore to water aerobics when the blue one was dirty because it was far to tight and I couldn't keep the stupid thing from sliding down my chest...that one fits beautifully! I will be wearing that at Great Wolf!

And another thing...or two! The shirt that I wore the day Will and I got married...this one...

We were having a great time! Love these two ladies! 

I love that shirt! It has sat in my closet for years because I wasn't comfortable enough to wear it again. It fits! And it looks good! I'm wearing that shirt to BG on Saturday with my new jean shorts!

And then there is this shirt....Mom got me this shirt last year I believe. Its an XL. I'm not quite sure why Mom would ever buy me an XL shirt, knowing that I am/was in 3x's at the time, but I'm glad she did. After I sent her the pictures of the shorts she asked if I had tried on the shirt she got me. So when I got home, I did.


Its still a little tight across my stomach, but it fits! I may not be seeing progress in the numbers on the scale, but I am starting to SEE the progress in the way my clothes are fitting. I am hopeful that I will be able to wear this shirt confidently in NC this summer.

One more thing before I go. We got our dragons back!


I am certain that I will have some things to talk about come next week. Hopefully I can make the time to get back on here to share them!

Have a great week/weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment