Thursday, June 4, 2020

Week 1!

June 5, 2020
Weight: 289.4
Weekly Loss: 7.9
Total Loss: 7.9

Well, Damn! Would you look at that number! Hot Dog!

Let me tell you that I certainly don't expect numbers like that every week! But I am beyond excited about this number currently! My back isn't as terrible as it was, which is a God sent! And I don't feel nearly as bloated! Have I stuck 100% to the Whole30 this week, Nope. Am I mad at myself about it...Not Really! I am doing the best I can at the moment to follow the rules but life happens. If I have learned anything its THAT! Life just happens. You have to roll with the punches and not beat your self up about it.

We are taking a slightly different approach to the W30 this time around anyway. I am not going to fall all over myself to make sure that the bacon I buy doesn't have added sugar in it. I am not going to buy the compliant mayonnaise at three times the cost of the perfectly good mayonnaise currently in my refrigerator. And I most certainly am not going to tell my husband he has to cut out the honey (which is NATURAL btw) in his coffee because its a "no-no" on the W30! I'm just not. Do I know that the entire/whole (lol) purpose of the Whole30 is basically to detox your body and remove the unnatural crap from your system? Yes! Do I know that sugars and sweeteners are a huge NO NO on this plan? Yes! And I get it. (I am gonna go off the rails here for a minute about Honey. Bare with me!) HONEY IS NATURAL! A natural, no sugar added, sweetener. Made by Gods little minions! I'm not giving up honey. So there!

Anyway, where was I? Ah yes. This time around, we are sticking mainly to the concept of lots of protein and lots of veggies. And if I am being honest, its obviously working! My amazing Mama is coming to have lunch with me today. We are getting restaurant salads. Which are NEVER compliant. Why you ask? Unless you are just getting lettuce with veggies and no dressing, its not compliant. You never know what the chicken is cooked in oil wise. You never know which dressings have added sugars and which don't. That is part of what makes the W30 so hard sometimes. You have to do all the cooking yourself to be sure that you are 100% in compliance. And right now, in our world, I just don't have the time or the inclination. So, we are compromising. Will is dropping weight as well so I am pretty sure he is happy with how things are going.

Now, onto the food! I will be trying to come up with a page on here for all my recipes, but until then, I will be posting what I make for dinner each week and include the recipes below them.



So this recipe was supposed to be Shrimp CUPS...my lettuce didn't want to stay as lettuce leaves so I chopped it up and added it to my existing salad fixings. I then drizzled some of the sauce from the shrimps over the whole salad along with half a lime! So Good! Nice and super light, but super filling. 

Also, the way that I make salads in my house is I chop up 2-3 heads of romaine lettuce and then add in 1-2 bags of the 3 Color Coleslaw mix. From there you can add in your favorite salad fixings - maters, cucumbers, boiled eggs, etc.. The lettuce/coleslaw mix stays nice and fresh in my refrigerator using this amazing bad boy! PS - I am working on getting a bigger one because my family goes through salad like mad people...this one, the medium one, will hold 2 heads of romaine and 1 bag of coleslaw mix. 
Visit Lisa's site for more amazing products! Lisa Barony


Recipe: I know there is an actual recipe out there but for the life of me I can't find it. So here is how I make it. 

4-5 LARGE Cans of Chunk Chicken in Water
Mayonnaise - I like my chicken salad creamy, so I add enough to make it so. Use your judgement
2 Celery Stalks - Chopped as finely as you like
2-3 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Yes, it is that easy! Put this stuff in your fridge and enjoy it as a meal over lettuce or as a nice snack! I have never been able to keep it in my fridge for longer then 5 - 6 days because its just that good! And feel free to add the things you like to it! I am not a fan of grapes in my chicken salad but that's how a lot of people like it! Add in grapes, onions, carrots, cucumbers, etc.. The more veggies, the better! 



This is a huge favorite in my house! Chi isn't much on it, because she is weird, but we love it. If you have been a reader of my blog for a while, then you know the issues I was having with eating certain foods after Shelley got sick. I am pleased to say I didn't have any issues eating this dish this time around! So Good! The recipe above has you make a creamy sauce. We don't do that. We use Thrive Markets Chipotle Lime Mayo! Its insanely good and can be used on all sorts of things! 


This is a household favorite! We ALL lick our bowls clean on this one! I use a whole pound of bacon, yukon gold potatoes, 1/2 to 1 extra cup of chicken broth and NO nutritional yeast. I have the yeast, we just like it without it. Also, I use ALL the bacon grease from that 1 lb of bacon. Gives it extra flavor and its a great source of fat. This recipe also makes a great breakfast! 


The above recipe is really just a guideline. W30 doesn't allow alcohol, so nix the red wine. However, I just make it super easy. 

3 - 4 lbs Roast
2 - 3 lbs Potatoes (you pick)
1 lb Baby Carrots
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 Cup Beef Broth
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
8 - 10 hours on LOW in the crock-pot

I have to take a moment to express my gratitude to everyone who stopped in and read my post last week. The amount of support I got was overwhelming and I am so excited to be able to share my journey with you all. A few of you even expressed your want to join me and I am so happy about that! Let me know how you all are doing! Where are you after your first week? How are your goals looking? What are your motivations? What are your pitfalls? What obstacles are you currently facing? Who is your biggest support? Leave me a comment below or come on over to my fb page to chat! 

I have started telling myself everyday that I Am Amazing. I am Strong. I am Confident. I can do anything I put my mind too. I believe in ME. 

YOU are AMAZING! You are Strong! You are Confident! You can do anything you put your mind too. I believe in YOU! 

Have a great week my friends! I will see you all next Thursday! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment