Thursday, June 11, 2020

Week 2!

June 11, 2020
Current Weight: 286.3 lbs
Weekly Loss: 3.1 lbs
Total Loss: 11.2 lbs

You Guys! I am 1/3 of the way to my goal!!!!!!! 18.8 lbs to go!!!!!

I have to confess a little bit here. After all, I want this blog to be completely transparent about my weight loss journey. No skipping over things and no leaving things out.

I cheated. A lot. Badly. Oops.

This past Saturday we decided to have a cheat day. We had Subway for lunch and then a frozen pizza for dinner. Last night...I ordered Domino's because I had absolutely no inclination to do anything other then veg out. I know I shouldn't have done it. But I did. And now I have to continue moving forward.

Lets recap the last week a little bit...

This is one of my Mom's favorite recipes. I am not a huge fan. Mainly because I have issues with textures. The apples in this....are mushy. And I don't do mushy. My recommendation is to use harder, sweeter apples. We used red onions, but yellow onions would probably be fine too. All in all, it tastes good, but it isn't a favorite. :( 

Recipe: Shepherds Pie
This is a favorite in this house! It looks like a lot of work but it really isn't. There is a recipe out there with Sweet Potatoes instead of regular potatoes, but I have issues with sweet potatoes so...we do this one. The way you make the potatoes for this recipe is also how I now make all my mashed potatoes! So Good! 

 On Saturday I had a lot of things I needed to do so it was kind of a whirlwind. I got up early and unpacked all the camera equipment from my Grandfather and Aunt. They were both huge photography nuts, like me, so I was lucky enough to inherit their equipment when they passed away. My plan is to clean everything up and display it all in my photography/craft room.


While going through all that stuff I found 3 rolls of undeveloped film. The date on one of the rolls is from 1990! I am fairly certain all 3 rolls wont have much that isn't damaged, but I took them to be developed anyway. Hopefully I will get some nice images back!


After going through all the camera stuff, Chi and I hopped in the truck and headed to get my oil changed. While the truck was being worked on, Chi and I walked over to Michaels to look for paint for her to paint her ceramics and to look at display boxes for all the camera stuff. I have since changed my mind on how they will be displayed! Whew! Those things are expensive! We were able to find some paints, paint brushes and a gloss spray for Chi! Bring on the crafts!

After finishing up there, we walked back over to retrieve the truck. Then we headed to Target, because why not! After Target we headed over to CVS to drop off the film and then picked up Subway for lunch and headed home. Mom came over around 2 and we headed to the grocery store a little after 3. After putting the groceries away, Chi had me drive her down the street for a "pool" party. It ended up being a water gun fight! She texted me a little after 8 and said she was staying longer. Then texted around 9 for me to come get her. We had frozen pizza for dinner and started the Netflix Series, Dracula.

Sunday was a day for cleaning. I was hurting pretty bad so I knew I needed to stay up and moving. I got up and made breakfast, like I do every Sunday morning. While I was making Sunday breakfast I made breakfast for both of us for the rest of the week.

5 with Scrambled Eggs and 5 with Hard Boiled Eggs. Sorry for not having a picture of all of them together. 

After breakfast and dishes I needed more stuff to do. So I hung up the earring holder that my sister Amy gave me, with the help of my hubby!


I cleaned out all my boxes still left in the closet from when we moved...over a year ago. I then realized that I might have a slight lotion obsession.


I cleaned up one of the corners in our bedroom that has been driving me bonkers! Now the kitties have 2 more spaces to hide/sleep if they so choose and it looks nice and bright.


I went through my nightstand drawers and the drawers under the bed. Found some old pictures, sent pictures of them to Mom and made her cry...I think. I didn't mean too...

Chi came to me while I was cleaning, pointed to her mouth and said "Can you pull this tooth out? Its bugging me!" Ha! Of course! So I yanked that bad boy out before she even knew it was gone.

Threw a bunch of stuff out and organized a lot. It was a very productive weekend.


No recipe for this one. Just store bought burgers, compliant of course, with mushroom caps as buns. I wont marinate the caps next time. He ended up chopping them up and putting them in a salad. 

Monday night I went on my first walk in a long time....oh the hills!


Tuesday night we had Pepper Lime Chicken with baked potatoes and broccoli! No picture, because I wasn't thinking. Sorry guys. But Pepper Lime Chicken is an all time favorite for us. Super easy to make too! I marinate the chicken all day and then just broil it when I get home. We have the recipe in our super old Better Homes and Gardens recipe book, but I was able to find the recipe online as well! You're Welcome! 

Wednesday night we had Domino's, because again, I suck. I fully expect to pay for that decision over the next day or so. I was fully prepared to get on the scale this morning and be heartbroken. I wasn't. I probably will be tomorrow tho. 

Today, Chi is graduating 5th grade! I took the day off to take her to her "Drive Thru Graduation" and then we are gonna take a trip to Sweet Frog. Maybe we will go to Hobby Lobby as well! And hopefully we can make it over to see Aunt Amy today as well! Other then that, today is her day. I am so incredibly proud of Gwen. She has weathered this crazy COVID-19 storm pretty darn well and is just trucking on through. None of us really know what next school year will bring. Hopefully, we can get back to normal. 

Well, I am off to finish my breakfast and get ready to take Chi over to her school. I know that I have screwed up with week, I own that. And I am moving forward. 

How are you all holding up!? Fill me in on your week 2! 


No comments:

Post a Comment