Tuesday, April 17, 2018

R4:D17

Current Weight: 258.3 lbs
Total Lost: 28.4 lbs

Along with blogging, I am not very good at this whole losing weight thing. See, I like food. I like food a lot. I like warm food, cold food, dry food, soft food, crunchy food, sweet food, anything food. Except, I watch a lot of Delicious Destinations and Bizarre Foods and because of this I have realized that even though I like food, I am most certainly a food snob. I acknowledge it and accept it.

For me, its mostly a texture thing. I tolerate jello but its a fine line. I can't stand the texture of fat or gristle. I can only eat chicken skin if its deep fried and CRUNCHY! Grits? No. Oatmeal? No. Beans? No. Mashed Cauliflower? No. Asparagus? It has to be cooked right.

Its also the fact that eating the eyeball of a once living thing makes me want to throw up. Eyeballs? Out. Tongue? Out. Brain? Solid Maybe. Liver? Out. Heart? Out. Stomach? Out. I have watched Andrew Zimmern bring a fish out of the water, cook it whole over the fire and then drop the whole thing in his mouth, just removing the tail and spine after wards. Just...No.

But do you know what else I am? Inquisitive. To a point. Some of the things I see that man eat on those shows actually makes me want to visit those places and try their cuisine. There are tons of fruits, veggies, meats and sauces that I have never tried out of fear. What will the texture be like? Will it taste like feet? Why would someone eat something that tastes like feet anyway? I can't know.

I would like to think that by watching some of these shows and other cooking shows in general that I will have this huge epiphany that "hey! I can totally make that AND I can make it compliant!" And you know what...I have! There have been quite a few things that I have seen on the shows I watch that I have said out loud "I can totally make that!". My husband smiles and we go on about watching another episode. He swears the reason he has stalled out is because I am always watching cooking shows and his body is going through with drawls. I told him to suck it up.

I haven't actually tried to make anything from these shows yet. But I will someday. Until then, google, my Mom, and my other W30 friends are my lifeline for delicious recipes.

One of the recipes I made last week is def a new favorite. My husband isn't much on soups, but he LOVED this one! Even Lisa liked it! I wish you guys could have seen the look on her face when I told her I was making Potato Soup for dinner. The first thing she said, "how are you going to make that?". Cause you know, potato soup in order to be good has to have creams and starches in them! And cheese! You cant forget the cheese! This recipe is super easy and super yummy! The only thing I couldn't find, I guess I will have to order it from Amazon, was the Nutritional Yeast. Supposedly, that is what will give the soup a cheesy taste. Honestly, I don't think it needed it!


I did use an entire pound of bacon, but I'm not mad! It was delicious! Here is the Recipe! Believe me when I say the prep work is totally worth it! We all pretty much licked our bowls clean! And we had enough for lunch the next day! Score!

I am trying some new recipes this week! Tonight is Roasted Lemon Chicken and Green Beans! This recipe is one from my Mama! She raved about it, so we shall try it! There are two other meals this week that are new to us. Almond Crusted Turkey Cutlet - I am using Chicken cause the store didn't have turkey. Whole 30 Ribs with a BBQ sauce. Baked Pork Chops with Apples, Onions and Bacon. All of the new recipes are from my Mama! Hopefully I will remember to take pictures so I can share them with you guys!

In all honesty, I feel really good! I haven't lost any more weight and I am currently OK with that. I feel good. My stamina is up! I'm pretty consistently walking 2.25 miles each day I can! Blisters on my toes made that pretty painful last week and I only made it 1 mile before limping in the front door on Friday.

Will took me to Bike Doctor on Sunday and we spent a stupid amount of money for a bike for me. We also got a bike rack for his car so that the three of us can go out to some of the different trails and ride together! I called Hitch Man this morning to see about getting a hitch installed on my truck so we can get a nice hitch rack to take our bikes with us to NC this summer!

We are in the process of redoing the front room in our house. This room has kind of been a pain in the butt since we moved it. Its a weird room that really has no purpose. Except to catch all our crap! Until now! We are converting the room into our exercise room! We bought a Roku TV to go on the wall. The bikes will hang in there. The treadmill, power bar thing, weights and weight bench will go in there. We are also going to hook up the 360 and WII in there. Its going to be fantastic!

This weekend we are stealing Chrissy and heading to BG for a fun filled Saturday! I am so excited! The weather looks like its going to be beautiful! Lots of fun and sun and laughter! Just what we need! We are hoping that Gwen will be able to spend next weekend with a friend of hers so Will and I can get the storage unit cleaned out and organized. I will be so glad when we can finally buy something of our own with storage space! But that's a whole other blog post.

I'm still shooting for 256.7 lbs. I have been making some stupid choices here lately. I know a lot of them are from stress, but I need to get a hold of myself here. I have goals and plans. Its 18 weeks until NC. I have got to get my crap together.

That being said, if everyone could just take a minute and send a prayer up for my Aunt I would really appreciate it. My heart hurts and I'm not really sure how to help at this point. The most I can do at the moment is pray. And if you think about it, send one up for Mom too. She has a lot on her shoulders and could really use the help.

Thanks guys! See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment