Tuesday, March 27, 2018

R3:D27

Current Weight: 260.8 lbs
Total Lost: 25.9 lbs

I gained...and I don't care!

Day by Day

March 20th

Holy Chicken Nuggets Batman! I love these things! 
I made sweet potato fries to go with them. I wont be doing that again. Not a fan!

March 21st

Beef Stew on this stupid cold wintry day IN SPRING! Stupid Snow! 
You guys...this stew turned out pretty amazing. I didn't have any tapioca/arrow root so I wasn't completely compliant having to use corn starch to thicken it a little. I am not a fan of soupy stews. This tasted a lot like Denty Moore before they changed the recipe! It was so good! 

I have better pics on the good camera. This was at the beginning on this nonsense. There was a good 6 inches on the ground within a few hours. Ugh! I'm so ready for warmer weather! 

Oh! And the hubby got me new shoes for our BG weekend!


March 22nd

I made this stir fry a bit different then last time. I used a frozen stir fry mix. I wont do that again. There were not nearly enough mushrooms! The canned green beans worked well in it tho! 

March 23rd

Lemon Herb Chicken and Broccoli's! Yum!
No recipe for this one. Its the lemon herb chicken from Heartland Foods. 
Easy Peasy! 

March 24th - The Big Day! 

We surprised the kids with a day at Busch Gardens! 

We all had the best day! It was full of fun and laughter and a lot of non scale victories! We left around 8am and stopped at Chik Fil A for breakfast. I made a pit stop at Starbucks for my frappe and Will tried a Caramel Macchiato. We got to the park a little after 11. The kids, and the adults, rode just about everything they could. The last time we went to BG last year it was tough fitting in the seat for Verbolten. This time...NO PROBLEM! Multiple clicks even! SCORE! I even rode a kid ride with the littles! 

Gwen totally rocked it and rode Invadr, Verbolten, Mach Tower, Apollo's Chariot, Tempesto, and Loch Ness. She rode lots of other things, but those are the big ones! Super proud of that kid! 

It was so nice to go and spend the day enjoying ourselves instead of being upset about not being able to ride some of the rides. I fit into rides I havent ridden in years. AND for most of them I fit with my back brace ON! Which was a total win for me! 

Will was super excited that he got to go on Invadr. Neither one of us could fit on that one last year. He fit nicely. I still have some work to do, and I am a-OK with that! 

We all rode the carousel too! Normally when I ride that anymore I stand or sit in the non moving parts. This time, we both rode horses!! And didn't make the ride explode! Score! 


It was cold and windy, but we all had a great time. Lots of walking and talking and riding rides! Lots of smiling and laughing. And good food! We had lunch in Germany because they really do have the best food. Gwen is super upset they have closed DarKastle. That was her favorite ride in the park. 

We chose to eat dinner outside of the park, so we headed out at 6:30 to Cracker Barrel. Country fried steak and green beans! Yes Please! Oh and yes I will have that Mocha Latte! Thank you very much! 

It wasn't even 5 minutes after pulling out of CB that the girls kicked the bucket. Denise was next I believe, followed by DJ and then David. It made me smile knowing we had such a great day! Them being asleep was a plus too...they didn't have to listen to me sing! LOL! 

We arrived back at home around 11:30 pm. An amazing day with amazing friends! 

March 25th - Sunday

I got up around 8 am. Showered and started laundry. Made breakfast around 9 thinking the other deadbeats in my house would be awake soon. Nope. 10 am. Nope. Still asleep. 11 am. Nope. Still asleep. This is pretty unheard of in my house. I split the breakfast into two containers for Monday's breakfast for Will and I and went to work on my grocery list/dinner menu. 

Will woke up around 11:15. I sent him to shower and get ready to go to lunch. I have made it very clear the last week or 2 that the day after BG we were going to the Mexico Restaurant for lunch or I was going to murder everyone I came into contact with. Gwen got up around 11:30 asking about breakfast. When I told her she missed it she might have thought about having a meltdown...until I told her where we were going for lunch. She was totally good with it after that. 

Chips and salsa and queso - Oh My! Thank you Lord for queso! I had Arroz Toscano (I think is what it was called). Strips of beef and chicken with shrimp, lettuce, tomatoes, guac and sour cream over Spanish rice. It was soooooo good! I left feeling pretty full and bloated and didn't even care! 

We headed to Mom's Market to see if they had the mayo and coconut amino's I need for this week...they do! They have EVERYTHING! Love that store! And the prices aren't terrible either! 

Mom met me at my house and I took her over to Mom's Market before heading to the grocery store. I think I may have created a monster! She went back yesterday for salt (the grocery didn't have any without sugar in it) and dog treats. Yes, dog treats. We went to the grocery and spent a small fortune and then home to unpack everything. I made Gwen soup for dinner. Made Will lettuce wrapped burgers. I had grapes. I was done with food and being awake for the day. Bed was calling my name. 

March 26th - Monday

Yesterday was nothing special. I went to work and totally forgot about updating the blog. Gwen has a new chore chart and will now be earning an allowance. This comes from not only wanting to start teaching her about financial responsibility, but because if she asks us for something in every shop in BG one more time we might strangle her. When I got home from work last night I set to cooking. I have been really slacking in this department here lately. So, I made sausage for my breakfast for the rest of the week. I made ground beef and sweet potatoes for Will's breakfast this week. And I made Egg Roll In A Bowl for dinner and lunch today! YUM! 

March 27th - Tuesday

This morning I am up 1.2 lbs from my 259.6 lbs weigh in last week. I am super OK with that! I ate a lot of food I new better then to eat and I did a lot of walking and calorie burning! Honestly, 1.2 lbs isn't even close to what I thought I would gain as a result of my food choices this weekend. 

But you know what...its just a number on a scale. It doesn't define who I am or what I am working towards. Getting on those rides. Riding them with my friends and family. Being able to walk through the park without having to sit and breath. THOSE are my victories! That is who I am. And I am only getting better!  



No comments:

Post a Comment