Wednesday, February 7, 2018

R2:D7 - The Hump

272.2 = +1.6

Happy Wednesday! (I think)

Its rainy and cold here in MD today. I'm not really feeling this whole 'being an adult' thing I have going on. I would much rather lay in bed all day today and watch reruns of A Haunting and Paranormal Lockdown. But I digress.

My body has been on a pretty good losing streak. And I was certainly really impressed with my ability to not sing it from the roof tops. I got on the scale yesterday morning absolutely certain that I would finally see the numbers I have longed to see since Jan 1 - 269.9! I knew it was coming! I just knew it!

And ... then it didn't. +.5 - Wait..what?! Why?! Its OK. We aren't going to freak out. Ups and downs are normal! I can do this! No big deal!

Enter this morning. I walked an extra .25 of a mile yesterday. Those .5 lbs are toast! .... Sigh. +1.1.

I'm not ashamed to say it...I considered throwing that scale right out the window while screaming Monty Python insults at it. "I fart in your general direction!"  "Your Mother was a Hamster, and your Father smelt of Elderberries!" "Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!" You get the drift!

However, I remembered that even though I had really no WANT to be an adult today, I certainly still needed to at least pretend to act as one. I took my gain and pondered it. And then my husband says to me over text "I think they hit a period of "Uh-oh, we're losing our reserves too fast, there must be a famine, we have to hoard calories!" followed by a period of "Okay, we're good! Clean house!"" And honestly, not only did this make me laugh, it made me really think about it.

When your body starts losing weight, why wouldn't it question whats really going on? Why wouldn't it take a moment and be like "Hold up there sister. We need to do some inventory and make sure we aren't getting rid of things we need!" I get it. Especially if you have been overweight for quite some time. So that helped with my urge to "Kill All The Things". Still don't want to adult today though.

So I got up this morning and walked my mile. The husband has requested Sheppard's Pie for dinner! This is another one of our favorites! Evidenced by the fact that I cant seem to ever get a good picture of it before someone has already dished up!


Yesterday morning I put Butter Chicken (recipe) in the crock pot. I can't find tapioca flour to save my life, so I substituted with Almond Flour. I also left out the Garam Marsala and the Curry Powder...because we aren't fans of those flavors. I made some riced cauliflower/broccoli to go with it and BOOM! Instant Hit! And very filling!

We have our first Support Group meeting of the year this coming Sunday. I somehow became the "Ring Leader" for this operation, so now I have to figure out what I am doing with my life. Just not today.

Not today George. Not today!

See you all on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment