Friday, February 9, 2018

R2:D9 - TGIF

Current 271.4 = -.8    Total Loss 15.3 lbs

Yesterday morning, the corner shower caddy tried to fall fell on my head. I tell you this because it pissed me off. A lot. It was 6:30 in the morning and the shower accessories had it out for me. I should have known then that everything I did yesterday was going to be a struggle.

Some light insults and harsh placing of said shower caddy later, I was staring at my new pants I bought. My new pants that I bought from Woman Within that are 1 size smaller then I have been wearing for the past God knows how many years. There I stood. Staring. Hoping. Praying. I considered the shower caddy incident and almost put the pants away and wore my super baggy regular pants. And then I tore open the plastic wrap, took them out and stretched the waist band to see just how terrible this was going to be. My first thought... "Ha! Nope!" I put them on....and cried. Suddenly I didn't give two craps about the weight gain the past few days. I didn't give a crap about the shower caddy having a grudge against me. The only thing I cared about was the size MEDIUM pants I just put on. The size MEDIUM pants that FIT! THEY FIT! They weren't to tight. They weren't to short. They were...PERFECT. And so, I cried.

Non scale victories are extremely rewarding. I know that I go against the W30 rules by weighing in every day, but it keeps me accountable. What it doesn't do, is SHOW you what is changing. My current scale is a WW Bluetooth scale. It syncs to an app on your phone and shows you all your measurements, sort of.


I'm not sure how it works exactly, but it measures your fat, water, bone, muscle and BMI. FYI - I personally think the BMI is a crock of cow poop, but whatever. These measurements are helpful so you can see WHY you are up and down. Its pretty enlightening in a way.

The only thing it doesn't measure, is well, you. I can straight up tell you that I hate taking my own measurements. I always feel like I am measuring in the wrong place and I am never measuring in the same spot twice. Enter facebook advertising....

Like A Glove

Photo Courtesy of Like A Glove

How TRUE is that picture? Regardless on whether your scale can read your body through little metal plates or not, its still not completely accurate.

Facebook kept throwing likeaglove in my face and I finally went and looked at it...a few months ago. I looked at it and thought, Wow those are really cool!, and then went on about my way. About 2 weeks ago and I went and looked at them again, because Facebook. This time, I purchased the Curvy pair of shorts. The website says these will fit sizes 10 - 32 and can be worn by men and women. They arrived yesterday and I am scared to death to open them. Why you ask? Because numbers in general scare me. Sure they can help keep you focused and accountable, but they can also throw the fact that you are a lot bigger then you may think in your face. Which is another reason why I hate doing measurements. But...I bought them. So I will use them. I will take my first measurements on Sunday morning and continue to use this for measurements weekly. I haven't downloaded the app yet, but I am hoping I will be able to post the measurements here as well. Again...accountability.

Another thing I am adding to my list is this monstrosity...


And it is ALL DENISE'S FAULT!!!! That, my friends, is the Cupid Shuffle Plank Version. I may very well die after attempting this, but dammit I'm gonna try! Would you all try this? Why or why not? And I'm going to make my small child do it with me! Because I am an amazing parent! Ha!

My weekend looks crazy as usual. Nails, Pictures, Grocery, Cooking and hopefully long walks with my hubby! I hope everyone has an amazing weekend! I will see you all on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment